September 22, 2012 - 4:00pm - 5:15pm
The Re-branding Librarianship panel presents four librarians from traditionally underrepresented groups all part of the Discovering Librarianship program, an initiative funded by the IMLS and led by ALA’s Office for Diversity. The panelists will share their experiences encouraging registration and use of the Knowledge Alliance website, which “re-brands” librarianship as a field of diverse individuals, and their work recruiting a diverse group of high school and college students to consider librarianship as a career option.
Advocacy, Outreach, and Collaboration
- Deena Smith, Librarian, Federal Judicial Center
- Emily Chan, Senior Assistant Librarian, San Jose State University
- Hannah Lee, Affiliate Assistant Librarian, University of Delaware Library
- Michelle McKinney, Reference/Technology Librarian , Blue Ash College Library, University of Cincinnati
- Eura Szuwalski, Electronic Services, Instruction and Administrative Librarian, American Library Association